Wednesday 28 February 2018

Am I overreacting?

On Saturday I woke up with a tightness in my chest, the pain was really hard to locaste at first, it just felt like a tight stabbing pain under my right boob somewhere. Convinced it was muscular, I spent the day trying to stretch it out, by the location of the pain made that quite challenging. Early evening I had a nap on my left side and on waking up the pain had gotten 10 times worse. I could barely breathe properly, because every time my chest expanded there was a severe stabbing pain. After calling 111, an NHS helpline, I followed their advice and went to A&E. Now the reason I’m even talking about this situation is because before I fell pregnant I probably would of waited to see how it was , maybe even slept on it until the morning, however ladies, it’s not worth the potential risk when your carrying a baby. ALWAYS seek medical help if something isn’t quite right. I originally was reluctant to because deep down I knew it was just muscular pain, in fact I had experienced something similar but a lot milder a few months prior after carrying my niece around. However, the pain was a lot worse this time , so off to A&E we went. After an ECG, blood tests, and a thorough examination I’m happy to say it was muscular like I expected. However the nurse praised me on coming in as a lot of the time we put things off, and wait things out to see if they improve. It is so important to avoid doing this during pregnancy as your not the only one at risk.

3 days later and the pain is almost completely gone. Who would of thought a pulled muscle could cause so much pain , honestly I’m not kidding. Looking back I’m still thinking, wow, you really went to A&E over a pulled muscle and quite frankly I couldn’t give a f**k. Don’t be embarrassed about seeking help, so what if people think your over reacting, ultimately you have to look out for yourself and baby. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig