Monday 29 October 2018

When Public Transport Gets You Thinking...

So today I was struggling up the stairs with Tayo in his buggy - my buggy is LIGHT but lets admit they're bloody awkward to lift alone. Anyway, 4 men walked straight past me. They saw me, but they chose not to take 2 minutes out of their day to help. Now I get it, sometimes we are in a rush and you just assume someone else will help, but really, four men in a row ?? After a lovely young lady, in heels might I add, stopped to help, I was sat on the tube looking at my son thinking...I'm going to raise you better than that.

Deep shit ey 


I grew up surrounded by girls and women, so is it different raising a boy ? I don't wanna be that person, but lets be real, women seem more empathetic to other women in those situations. When I was pregnant, 9/10 times it would be a lady that offered me her seat. Now the other 1/10 would be a younger guy, aged 18-30. Never in my experience has a man over 40 ever offered to help me, maybe I just happened to be surrounded by selfish old men, or maybe its a generational thing, who knows. 

Either way, when raising our boy, I'm going to do all I can to make sure when he's older he never walks by someone who could do with his help! 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig