Wednesday 24 January 2018

Prenatal Yoga

In a previous blog post I spoke about starting a prenatal yoga class to help control my hormones & emotions and of course get physically prepared for birth (still can't believe I'm actually going to have to do that part yet lol).

Well, today was the day. Firstly, I'm so last minute its actually annoying. I didn't even think about finding any clothes that would still be comfortable with my ever growing belly. So at 9.30am I was literally emptying my entire wardrobe to find anything appropriate, which ended up making me run late. To anyone that knows me, that won't be a huge surprise but rushing around while being pregnant is really not that easy, I don't advise it. 

Note to self - leave 15 minutes earlier than I need to 



Prenatal yoga at Life Centre Nottinghill

I arrive to my chosen yoga studio which is called 'The Life Centre' in Notthinghill bang on the time the actual class starts ( not ideal) and drenched head to toe because this is London & London likes to rain. I chose this studio because I liked the fact I can go on a pay-as-you-go basis. I don't always like committing to bulk classes because sometimes you just can't make it or don't fancy it and if theres anything I hate more than being late its wasting money lol. Another thing I liked about this studio is that they also offer mum & baby yoga for when your little one has arrived, and theres something quite nice thinking that maybe some of the mums you meet in pregnancy yoga you'll see on the flip side once they've had their baby.

The class itself was lovely. I noticed straight away that nearly all the other ladies were further along than me but this didn't matter. My teacher Lucy Horton had the most friendly, calming voice & energy and was clearly well geeked up on the do's and don'ts of prenatal yoga. The class lasted 1hr45 which was an ideal amount of time. That might sound long but a good 15 mins was restorative yoga, meaning you basically lay down supported by bolsters & blankets and just chill out. Its great.

So, did yoga help with my mood? Today it did, yes, buuuttttt I don't think its going to rid me of hormonal outbursts lol. That being said, I think going once a week will really help me to mentally and physically prepare for birth. Learning to switch off and breathe through pain seems like a good thing to have on lock down before the big day.

Please feel free to comment, I'd love to hear about your experiences !

http://www.thelifecentre.com/centres/nottinghill/?/nottinghill







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig