Thursday 5 April 2018

Babymoon

As you can see I’ve taken some time out of blogging while I was away on our babymoon. Now I’m back, and ready to chat about my time away and any tips I have for travelling pregnant!



Firstly, I’m SOOOOOOO glad we managed to get a week away. It was so relaxing and I really enjoyed spending alone time with my husband before it’s not just us anymore. It was also a blessing to get some time away from the hustle and bustle of city life and just unwind and not work / answer emails. I would highly recommend trying to get away, whether it’s a just a nice hotel in a nearby town or a different country.



I think I went at the right time for my pregnancy, I was 27 weeks, so I had some energy and I hadn’t gotten too big yet so we could go for beach walks and explore if we wanted. We decided on Tenerife in the Canary Islands. This was for a few reasons, the sun & the length of flight. It’s very easy to look at a 6-10 hour flight while sitting on a comfy sofa and thinking, ‘it can’t be that hard, I can do it’, but it’s a whole other story when your two hours in on a very uncomfortable plane seat wishing you could fall asleep. So I’m very glad we didn’t fly too far because I think I would of gone crazy lol. The weather was PERFECT, however when checking the forecast leading up to the holiday I was thinking that 22-24 degrees wasn’t going to be hot enough lol. Boy was I wrong. There’s no way I could of sat out / walked around in much hotter temperatures than that. I would remind you that when booking, look for weather suitable to your pregnant self, not your former self lol. There’s a big difference.


My Tips 

  1. Don’t fly too far, planes aren’t comfortable. If you must, walk around the plan and keep your blood flowing. 
  2. Use the benefits of pregnancy - speedy boarding and que jumping 
  3. Carry a bottle of water EVERYWHERE, this is a must. Staying hydrated in warmer climates are so important when pregnant. 
  4. Let the hotel know your pregnant. Our hotel brought me a pregnancy pillow to make me more comfortable and always brought me non-alcoholic options of complimentary drinks 
  5. Take comfortable shoes. Sandals and flip flops aren’t always ideal for longer walks 
  6. If your wanting to lay in the sun, take a thin beach cover up to shelter your bump from the sun in case it gets too hot 
  7. Take your pregnancy notes, and let your midwife know when your flying, they may want to write a note for the airline incase of any queries
  8. RELAX- have lay ins, cuddle your partner; don’t rush around and do the minimal! 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig