Friday 20 April 2018

Hay fever & Allergies During Pregnancy

Hello summer, I've been waiting for you. What I haven't been looking forward to is my insane hay fever allergies, as I cannot take my usual anti-hystemine pills. Now if anyone else reading this suffers from hay fever you will know what I mean when I say it can quite easily ruin a nice day out without something to treat it.

Now I've tried a few things that have really helped so I thought I'd share...

Prevalin Allergy Plus

This drug free nasal spray works by acting as a barrier to pollen. Once shaken, it turns into a liquid form so it can be sprayed up each nostril. It then dries as a gel on the nasal lining blocking pollen and allergen contact. Can be found in super drug and boots !

HayMax Balm

This balm is applied to the outside of the nostrils and acts as a trap for allergens, hopefully catching them or atleast some before they enter the nose. I used to swear by this a few years ago along side my other remedies, so next time I'm in a heath food store I'm picking another one up. I brought it from Holland & Baretts.

Optrex Soothing Eye Drops for Itchy Eyes

These eye drops are also drug free and will take the edge of itchy hay fever eyes. They can be used as often as needed and Ive found them to definitely help. If not stoping the itch, they soothe my eyes for a good amount of time. Brought from super drug.



If your hay fever is AWFUL, your GP may suggest a pill form of relief, but these are good go tos without needing a GP appointment. Im going to try make it through this summer with drug free options!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig