Monday 18 June 2018

My feelings as motherhood approaches ...

So I've been growing a baby for the last 9 months of my life, and its no secret that I've enjoyed pregnancy, in fact, I'm really going to miss it, especially my bump and feeling all the kicks. However, what I haven't really spoken about is my feelings about motherhood, and since my due date is 3 days away I figured this was the best time to blog about it.

Quite frankly the idea of being a mother and raising a child is crazy to me, even now, when its just around the corner. My mother and sister are so maternal and have always looked after children as their professional careers, yet I didn't follow in their footsteps. This isn't saying I'm not maternal, just it never really was a passion of mine. However when it comes to having my own children, I'm pretty sure I will be a natural! I wouldn't say I was anxious about entering motherhood, however I am more intrigued as to how it will be... the early stages of getting to know your new baby, functioning without my much loved sleep, getting into a routine, and basically just learning as we go along. My husband and I are very much on the page (I'd like to think) in terms of learning as we go, we haven't really been reading about this child rearing technique or that child rearing technique as I almost think you can read too much and get yourself in a pickle. We have just a read few basic books about the first few weeks of signs etc we should look out for to ensure baby is safe and happy. I've learnt quite a lot from being around my sister when Nellie was new born, and seeing her as a mother, as well as from my own mother. I like to think that 99% of it will be instinctual once the baby is here !

I'm super excited about expanding our little family from two to three, or three to four if you include our dog Winston as a family member, which I totally do ;) I can't wait for family adventures in the park in the summer and all snuggling up in the winter by the TV. I'm also eager to see how motherhood will change me / or not as a person, I do think we will both take it in our strides and stay true to who we are, taking everyday as it comes as we don't ever really plan anything ever lol. I'm not naive though, I do realise life will never be the same again , and we will probably have to start having some kind of routine and definitely won't be able to be last minute anymore, as tiny humans I've learnt require a lot of stuff lol.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm a combination of excited, intrigued, nervous and probably ever other emotion under the sun. I was struggling to find adjectives to describe my feelings, so I asked my husband and he's answer made the most sense... "having a child is such a big, life changing event that its kind of hard to pick adjectives to describe how I feel about it".


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig