Tuesday 12 June 2018

Nursery Decor

While looking for nursery furniture I was blown away by the options & styles. Then I found the most amazing company called Teddy One and I fell in love. They create the most beautiful handcrafted, custom-made nursery furniture. In such a disposable world, these furniture pieces are made to last and grow with your baby with the quality being second to none. The chic and simple colour pallet means thats these furniture pieces sit well in any home, they are classic and traditional yes, however they sit perfectly in our modern home too.




They have four stunning collections. The Roseberry, The Hurlingham, The Aylesbury and The Chesterton. We decided to go with THE AYLESBURY collection. I love the beautiful upholstered leather on the sides of the cot bed as well as the slightly longer legs on the dresser and cot giving an elegance to it. Its also perfect for both boy or girl, so this was ideal for us so we can use for further babies no matter the gender! As well as the cot and dresser, the beautiful handmade rocking chair and footstool is also from Teddy One. It was important to me to have a calm relaxing space to feed baby, and this rocking chair makes the nursery exactly that.

This furniture is classic, so it was important to me to add some modern touches to the nursery. Here is how I did it...

Clean white walls  - makes the space modern, crisp and feels more spacious
Large floor standing mirror - gives the illusion of a larger space
DIY cloud shelves - perfect for books, I found the instructions on pintrest and my dad make them for me, I love them!!
Open wardrobe - used my IKEA HACK  blog post to turn cheap £3 spice rack shelves into an open wardrobe. Use your babies cutest clothes to add more decor to the room
Metallic nappy bin  - unlike your standard nappy bins, this one adds something cute & shiny to the room. From UBBI WORLD
Minimal wooden play gym - a gift from some beautiful friends of mine, this minimalist play gym is pleasing to the eye and you can buy extra toys to hang down 
Pom Pom mobile - to add a pop of colour, I brought this Pom Pom mobile from Mamas & Papas on the 25% sale last weekend. I love the colour pallet 
Merino Wool baby blanket - this beautiful handmade merino wool baby blanket from House of Merino is the perfect soft surface to lay bubba on while s/he plays or for photo opportunities. Super luxurious 
Lion Head wall art - another Mamas & Papas purchase during the sale, I just couldn't resist this super cute wall art, to add more colour to the room  
Knitted Pom Pom star pillow - to pick out the same colours as the mobile, I brought this pillow from Mamas & Papas to have on the rocking chair to help support while nursing
Large grey floor lamp -  with a soft light bulb, this will be perfect for night feeds without being too bright. It also gives a slight industrial feel 























SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig