Monday 15 January 2018

Hormones & Emotions

Well, well, well... hello lovely hormones. Being pregnant can be like loosing control of your body and mind. Not only does your body change, but your mind changes. Baby brain is REAL !!

I'm a self confessed control freak, so as you can imagine this is going to be challenging for me. Not the body part as much, Im actually really enjoying watching my body change and adapt to cater for my little baby. However, the crazy levels of different hormones can be pretty annoying. I used to enjoy yoga and meditation a lot, so I like to think I can really easily control my temper and anxiety. Well not so much at the moment. I have the shortest temper, with everything and pretty much everything makes me cry, including shitty TV shows.


Now apparently, according to all these pregnancy apps, once your in the 2nd trimester these hormones shouldn't effect you as much , well this wasn't the case for me. Im 18 weeks gestation now and they're definitely rearing their ugly heads. When this is the case, pregnancy can feel quite lonely. Now, don't get me wrong, I literally have support coming out of my ears from my husband, family and friends , but none of this seems to matter when I'm quite frankly hormonal and fed up. Because, lets face it, I'm the only person physically going through this pregnancy.

So, I've decided to take matters into my own hands and join a prenatal yoga class. This is to achieve a few things. The first being to meet other mums to be. I don't have any pregnant friends or many friends with babies, so it will be nice to talk to other women going through pregnancy at the same time as myself. Secondly, to find peace and calm within for when those hormones are making me crazy. I always turned to yoga and meditation in the past to keep calm and relaxed and wow did it work for me, so I look forward to rekindling this passion and being able to experience it with my unborn child.
I will post and let you all know how this yoga session goes. Hope I can find some gym gear thats not too tight ...
Namaste
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig