Wednesday 9 May 2018

Peanut

Hi ladies, so I thought I'd share the great experience I've had with the app PEANUT. The easiest way to describe this app, is tinder for mums-to-be and mums. Living in the city and being one of the first of my group of friends to have a baby I was looking for ways to meet like minded women who shared similar interests and were also pregnant or had just had a baby. Lots of women go to NCT classes to purely meet women in their area who are expecting, however I couldn't justify spending £300+ just to meet other mums-to-be. So after a little research I found the app peanut. So you basically make a profile, enter you neighbourhood, your kids ages/ or weeks into pregnancy, 3 things that best describe you, photos (if you want) and a short bio. Then you basically swipe through other women's profiles and either pass or wave. If you both wave at each other it will bring up a chat so you can start a convo and meet up if you get along.



Its such a good idea, especially for city women!! Ive started a few chats, and actually met up with someone today for the first time. It was so lovely to meet another women roughly the same stage of pregnancy as me, as you can imagine we had a lot to talk about. But the best part of it was that wasn't the ONLY thing we had in common, it didn't feel like a forced conversation so that was great. I was nervous about there being awkward silences etc but that didn't happen once.

So yeah, if you need to meet other new mums then I'd highly recommend it! This isn't an AD of any kind, I just wanted to share !!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig